Concierge - Luxury Resort
Concierge - Luxury Resort
- Oct 11, 2019
Courtesy/News Source: jobs.smartrecruiters.com
We Help You Find The Right Job
When you’re on the hunt for a new job, it helps to know your options. At VIDA HOSPITALITY, we’ve developed an unparalleled network in the hospitality industry, so we can tell you exactly what roles are out there, even the ones that haven’t been advertised.
With our honest, candid approach, we’ll give you realistic advice on your skills, salary expectations and opportunities.
There’s nothing we love more than getting to know an individual, and finding the job that suits them perfectly. For many people, we do this time and time again over the course of their career
Salary $65,000 - $75,000 based on experience
We are seeking an outgoing, detail-oriented individual with excellent communication skills. He/She will be responsible for providing exceptional guest service. The right candidate is knowledgeable of all functions and operations of the resort and is able to provide information about the surrounding community, theater, restaurants, and area activities.
1. High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate.
2. Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
3. Provide legible communication.
4. Compute basic arithmetic.
5. 1 year experience in a similar position in a 5 star style hotel/resort.
6. Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers.
7. Ability to:
• perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
• prioritize and organize.
• be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
• follow directions thoroughly.
• understand guest’s service needs.
• work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
• work with minimal supervision.
• maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent resort data.
8. Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor.
1. College degree or formal training in the Hospitality Industry.
2. Previous experience as a Concierge in a luxury market.
3. Fluency in a second language, preferably Spanish.
4. Knowledge of local attractions, services and suppliers/vendors.
5. Certification of previous training in guest relations, liquor, wine and food service.
6. Previous Culinary experience.
7. Certification in an alcohol awareness program.
8. Ability to suggestively sell.
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
2. Develop and maintain guest profiles.
3. Communicate pertinent information to Manager.
4. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
5. Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
6. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
7. Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
8. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
9. Maintain complete knowledge of:
a) all resort features/services, hours of operation.
b) all resort restaurant food concepts, menu price range, dress code and ambiance.
c) all resort room types, numbers/names, layout, appointments, amenities and locations.
d) all resort room rates, special packages and promotions.
e) daily house count and expected arrivals/departures (particularly VIPs).
f) scheduled daily group activities, names and location of meeting/banquet rooms.
g) local events, attractions, holiday schedules.
h) all Condominium room types
i) elevator systems
j) who is in/out of the residence
k) who has access to condominiums
8. Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies. Keep bank secure at all times.
9. Obtain department keys and beeper; ensure security of such.
10. Meet with Supervisor/departing Concierge to review business status and follow up actions.
11. Access all functions of computer system in accordance with departmental specifications.
12. Set up work station with necessary supplies; maintain cleanliness throughout shift.
13. Legibly complete requisition for additional supplies/materials and submit to Manager.
14. Maintain updated resource materials on all vendors and information to accommodate guest requests.
15. Review designated in-house guest list and be familiar with guests' names and room locations.
16. Answer department telephone within 3 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
17. Accommodate all guest requests expediently and courteously. Follow up with designated resort personnel to ensure completion of request.
18. Coordinate guest requests with designated vendors which may include:
a) Room accommodations
b) Airline reservations, changes, cancellations
c) Transportation from resort to airport and return
d) Bus/train transportation
e) Limousine reservations
f) Car rentals
g) Car repair and servicing
h) Charter flights/rentals
i) Babysitting services
j) Banking/financial services
k) Business center services/fax or telex services/mailing and delivery services
l) Interpretation services
m) Notary services
n) Restaurant reservations, nightclub activities
o) Dry cleaning, laundry, alterations, repairs
p) Film processing
q) Sporting events, golf facilities, sport and athletic activities/rentals, outdoor activities, health club facilities
r) Formal wear rentals
t) Salon appointments
u) Shoe shines
v) Shopping services
w) Movie/theater/attraction tickets
x) Sightseeing tours
y) Medical services
z) Religious services
19. Legibly document all pertinent information in guest request log(s). Monitor and update log book(s) throughout the shift.
20. Place orders for amenities and coordinate delivery of amenities to designated guest rooms.
About The Author -